Prework: Please visit the 2017 edition tab to get familiar with the layout.
Step 1: OPEN YOUR TEMPLATE
Download your .indd template folder here:
The files will be .zip files. Just double click on them and they will become folders. Inside those folders include the .indd file and some template instructions.
STEP 2: LAYOUT YOUR PAGES
Follow these tips to layout your article pages:
• Fonts: please use only the fonts provided for your headlines and body.
• Font size: the headline type should be no larger than 36 pt and the body should be no larger than 9 pt. Headlines may span the width of page.
• Page numbers: leave your page number as the “X.” We will fill that in.
• All photo elements are movable (and remove-able). Use photos of your facilities, faculty, and staff.
• Photos and images should be 300 dpi and CMYK.
• No logos can be used in the articles. Logos can be included in ads.
STEP 3: DELIVER YOUR FILES
Once you are finished creating your pages, you can either export a high resolution pdf or package the INDD file. Exporting and packaging from InDesign is simple. Below are links to help guide you through this process.
We’re happy to help you with your pages. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.